Sunday, November 7, 2010

We are so very very very close....

Hello all.
It's been a little while. I have to say it's hard to have inspiration when he's being such a stinker. ;) We can definitely tell he's feeling a little better now. Also, I've noticed how much bigger he has gotten; making him curious about everything new he can reach by leaping. It still amazes me how much his growth was stunted. He still isn't as big as his brothers on the farm, and it has taken twice as long to get this big.

Also, I really think that he was affected by not being able to eat and drink freely/easily at a young age. He definitely has OCD. I know cats are in general, but he is very persistent! Especially when it comes to jumping on the counter.

In any event, the biggest news is that due to family emergency, our vet had to reschedule Zorro's surgery. It is now another week away on Tues. Nov. 16.
This only leaves one week of recovery before Thanksgiving, so we might have to have a small Turkey Day celebration in our shoe box apartment with our little delicate boy. I've always wanted one of those 'Felicity' type of Thanksgivings anyways.

I have to say it makes me a bit nervous that he has to go another week. He's been having trouble with his food lately, choking and sneezing more frequently. He has gotten so strong compared to how sick he was not too long ago, though so I'm sure he will be fine, it's only a week.

Big news is that we only need $35.00 to reach our goal!. Donations have slowed down, which is understandable thanks to all of you lovely people who have donated! There are so many of you! Ashley and I have an extra week of tips we can add into the Zorro Jackson/Kitty Cat Fund as my G-ma Alice calls it. We make a small amount of tips as baristas at a local cafe, but it has added up throughout these past few weeks!
It would be great if we could reach our goal, but I'm so grateful that we have gotten so amazingly close no matter what the outcome. Thank you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment